Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Aquarium Filler

I had an empty fish aquarium but didn’t want the hassle of keeping fish, so each week I’d pick a different animal to feature in the aquarium. And by animal I mean a stuffed animal or some other kind of toy. For example, I might put a plastic hermit crab inside. Then I’d add things you’d find in a hermit crab’s habitat: a sandy background (printed and taped to the back of the tank), empty shells, a water supply and maybe even some small pebbles. Outside of the aquarium I’d set up a basket full of books all about hermit crabs. With the exception of some great literature, I try to stick with nonfiction but it depends on my class and their unique interests. No matter what, they consistently love books that tell about wild animals or how to take care of pets (like hermit crabs). If changing your animal each week feels too overwhelming then change once or twice a month. You can turn your aquarium into a center and incorporate themed writing, math or science ideas too.

2 comments:

  1. Blue Dream is just one of America's treasured strains. Author is an expert of anubias nana petite, visit here for more interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few tips on what to look for in a Marine Live Rock. Many of these come in a variety of colors and shapes, so it might be easy to confuse what is a rock and what is a grub. Want to know more about rainbow cichlids fish? click here now.

    ReplyDelete