Sunday, June 22, 2014

Research Sheets

It's never too early to learn basic research skills. Our first graders use these easy, one page sheets to explore new locations and favorite animals. To help understand the process in the beginning, our class completes one or two together. We begin by reading several books about our chosen subject. We record interesting facts or random details either in our journals or on sticky notes. When we feel well informed, we begin filling in our research page. Upon completion, I model how to present the final research, so when your students complete these as individuals, they feel confident in their sharing.



Not a teacher? Print them for your own child and research your beloved family vacation spots and the animals found there. 

Note: The sheets are intended to be printed on legal size paper. Here are the Word documents so that you can edit them if you’d like.

Enjoy learning unique and exciting things!



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to let you know how much I loved your research sheet! I am doing a Project Based Learning/Genius Hour with my students and this was such a great resource. I changed the information around a little to suit my project and would love to share it with you! Thank you again! If you email me, I can attach the more general PBL version.

    ReplyDelete