Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fun in the Sun


Ann Marie and I are so excited to receive your feedback! I’m glad you’ve found some inspiration here.

This week my class did my favorite “Make Each Day Special” activity- bring a towel to school. When the list for the week went up my kids immediately latched on to this idea and I heard whispers about it all day: “Why do you think we’re bringing a towel to school?”, “Maybe we’ll have a picnic.”, “Do you think we’re going to get wet?”, “I’m going to bring my towel with Angry Birds!”

The morning finally arrived and the kids couldn’t wait to find out what we were doing. I had great behavior all day in anticipation of the big event. Students grabbed their towels, a book and a new pair of sunglasses (some fun star-shaped sunglasses from the local party store) and off we went.



I hope your last days of school are just as special!

Erin

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to get students motivated to read. No wonder you are Two Happy Teachers!

    ReplyDelete