Monday, July 15, 2013

Picture of the Week


Students are always so curious about our private lives - right? So why not give them a little insight into who we are, where we go and what we see?
I keep a variety of photos in a small container at school. Examples might include pictures from my vacations, my weekend outings, creatures in my yard, weather (like the time I saw a tornado!) or shots from my childhood. Every Monday, I tape a new picture on a laminated (so it’s reusable!) paper titled, “Picture of the Week”  and slide it into a clear plastic picture frame. At the end of our morning routine, I close with the viewing of the picture. I take a few moments to tell about it and then leave it out on a table for the rest of the week. The students visit the picture again and again and discuss the tidbits I shared about it. Some even write about it during independent writing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment